The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a few threads about adding Calcium to the tank, for the snails. Is this necessary? I am planning on adding Flourish and was wondering if the Calcium content in it is enouph for the plants and snails. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
(IMHO) Supplement it's diet with veggies. My wife blanches the veggie (boiling water for 30 seconds and then throws them in ice water) yellow squash is our favorite as there are no seeds in the neck area. 9dGH and above and we keep the pH at 6.8 and above. The tanks with lower GH, pH readings we ended up having them get holes in they're shells. I ordered baby Briggs snails from Cocobid (awesome snails from an awesome member) and lost two in our tanks with lower readings. The six remaining are all nearly silver dollar size and get blanched veggie slices three times a week.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WknDracer, is there any special way to add the blanched veggies to the tank? I have mollies and Amano shrimp in the tank that I'm sure are going to gobble that stuff up before the snails make there way over to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts