The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my cabomba for going on 2 months and it's grown, had to be trimmed and continues to grow. However parts of it at the bottom of the tank are turning brown while the rest of it is still green and growing. Any idea why?

I dose flourish twice a week 1ml and every day excel and excel iron 1ml. It's a 10 gallon with red Ludwiga and water Wisteria, Moss balls ans anubias nana.

1 t8 full spectrum light getting around 12 hours of light, sometimes more a day

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had my cabomba for going on 2 months and it's grown, had to be trimmed and continues to grow. However parts of it at the bottom of the tank are turning brown while the rest of it is still green and growing. Any idea why?

I dose flourish twice a week 1ml and every day excel and excel iron 1ml. It's a 10 gallon with red Ludwiga and water Wisteria, Moss balls ans anubias nana.

1 t8 full spectrum light getting around 12 hours of light, sometimes more a day
I've heard that the bushy upper leaves can block light from reaching the bottom leaves, causing them to turn brown. Besides that, I don't know.

-Empress Akitla

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As mentioned, light levels may be becoming too low due to the shadowing effect of the upper plant part. Another possibilty is that as plant grow, water circulation becomes restricted in that area and the leaves start dropping.

One last note is that yellowing of the leaves in old leaves is associated with nitrogen deficiency, the plant 'kills' old leaves to reuse the N.

Do you dose nitrogen ?
If the plant is growing you have nothing to fear. you can always cut the top and replant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.