The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2020 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to combine all my important tank threads into one thread. "Why?" you ask. Because updating 5 threads at any given time is a pain in the neck. These are the threads I am throwing in one.

My nano tank., 10 Gallon Tank Revamp, Good dirty fun. First dirt tank., First Paludarium, My Emersed Fun, Cable's Farm Tank, Mossville

Lets start with the nano tank.

2.5 nano

Specs
Tank - 2.5 gallon glass
Filter - Hagen Elite Mini
Lighting - 10watt Mini CFL bulb in a 12" incandescent hood
CO2 - None
Substrate - MGOPS capped with black marine sand
Flora - HC, Glosso, Java Fern Windelov, Flame and Java Mosses, Dwarf Hair Grass, Mayaca fluviatilis
Faune - None yet.

10 gallon planted

Specs

Tank - 10 gallon glass
Filter - AquaClear 20
Lighting - 2 x 10watt Mini CFL bulbs in a dual incandescent hood
CO2 - DIY yeast reactor
Substrate - Eco-Complete
Flora - Crypt wendetti "Red" and "Tropica", Java Fern, Water Sprite, Anubias nana, Java Moss, Riccia, Mini Rose Moss, Notocyphus, Peacock Moss, A. reineckii "Cardinalis", Didiplis diandra, Dwarf Sag, Bacopa caroliniana, Rotala sp. "Colorata"
Fauna - 3 Ghost Shrimp, 9 cardinal tetras, 3 L104 Clown Plecos

2 gallon dirt tank

Specs

Tank - 2 gallon plastic kit tank minus light and UGF
Filter - Tom Mini Submersible Power Filter with spraybar
Lighting - 15 watt 6500K spiral fluorescent
CO2 - None
Substrate - Scott's Premium Potting Soil with gravel cap
Flora - Flame Moss, Java Moss, DHG "Belem", Java Fern, Anubias nana "Petite", Pellia
Fauna - None

10 "Paludarium" now Shrimptopia

Specs

Tank - 10 gallon glass
Filter - Tetra Internal 20i
Lighting - 2 x 10watt mini CFL bulbs in a dual incandescent hood
CO2 - None
Substrate - Black Aquarium Gravel
Flora - Hygrophila polysperma regular and "Rosanervig", Java Fern "Windelov" "Tropica" "Narrow Leaf", Flame moss, Java Moss, Christmas Moss, Riccia, Didiplis diandra, Lindernia rotundifolia "Varigated", Ludwigia repens x arcuata, Limnophila sessiliflora, Water Sprite
Fauna -Lots of Cherry Red Shrimp

Emersed set-ups

Specs container 1

Tank - 110 qt clear tub with clear top
Filter - None
Lighting - Dual lamp T5HO with 39 watt 5500K and 39 watt 10,000K bulbs
CO2 - None
Substrate - Scott's Premium Potting Soil
Flora - Alternanthera ficoidea "Cherry Stem", Argentine Sword, Apontogen, HC, Hygrofolia coryambrosia stricta, Crypt wendetti "Red", Glosso
Fauna - None

Specs container 2

Tank - 71 qt tub with clear top
Filter - none
Lighting - 10 watt mini CFL in a 12" incandescent fixture
CO2 - None
Substrate - MGOPS
Flora - Java Fern; Regular, Windelov, Narrow Leaf, Tropica; Peacock Fern
Fauna - None

Larger container is Container 1, smaller is Container 2

That is all the important threads and tanks at the moment. As things change, I will update the spec list for it and add to the list as is necessary. Thanks for looking.:proud:

Going to add one more to the spec list.

20 gallon high

Specs

Tank - 20 gallon high glass
Filter - AquaClear 30
Lighting - 15 watt 6500K CFL in a desk lamp
CO2 - None
Substrate - MGOPS capped with black gravel in the pots. Bare bottom outside them.
Flora - Hydrocotyle sipthorpioides, Hygrophila polysperma regular and "Rosanervig", Ludwigia repens x arcuata, Bacopa Monnieri, H. corymbrosa angustifolia, Myrio mattagrossens, C. wendtii regular and "Tropica", A. reineckii "Cardinalis", Peacock Moss, Java Fern regular "Narrow" "Tropica" "Windelov" "Philippine" "Trident",
Fauna - 3 Otos, 3 Pineapple Wag Swordtails + fry, 2 L144 Plecos, 8 Black Neon Tetras

More tanks coming soon.:proud:

Well, it is soon. Got another tank to add.

Mossville

Specs

Tank - 10 gallon
Filter - 170 GPH power head with a sponge on the intake
Lighting - 2 10watt mini CFL 6500K bulbs in a dual incandescent hood.
CO2 - None
Substrate - MGOPM with sand cap
Flora - Myrio mattagrossens, Blyxa japonica, Java Fern "Windelov", Polygonum sp. "Kwagoeanum", Pellia, Mini Pellia, Fissidens, Tiawan Moss, Christmas moss, Hygrophila difformis, A. reineckii "Cardinalis", C. wendtii "Tropica"
Fauna - 4 Habrosus Corys

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that I have showed you the Tankapalooza part of it. How about a tour of the zoo?

As we walk in the door, the sound of birds calling softly greet us. Not really, usually it is the sound of the cats destroying something or each other.

Anyway, on with the tour.

As you enter, you will notice a nice mix of technology and nature. Or just a mess in which I tried to cram as many tanks as possible. You decide.

The first two enclosures you see are Trebuchet, the bearded dragon on the TV, and Brisinger, the fire skink on the dresser.

As you continue on to your right you will see more enclosures. On the short dresser in the 40b is Drop Dead Fred, our Albino Leopard Gecko. In the top tub, is Lucille, the Ball Python, and under her, is Kali-Ma, our charcoal corn snake. All beautiful animal even though Drop only has 3 legs. Moving on, we see Shrimptopia on the bookshelf.

Continuing on our journey, we come to the community 10 gallon tank which will be undergoing construction to renovate in the near future. Next to that we see one of our two greenhouses.

Moving on.
Both of our greenhouses side by side. Please keep your hands and feet in the vehicle as we round this corner. It comes quite close to the Humans sleeping quarters and the cats hideout.

And here we see the humans sleeping quarters. Although during the day, you will find Billy Idol, the tuxedo cat beneath the sheets. And now we are coming to the backside of our journey with the final enclosures in view.

Towards the end of our journey you will see that one cage has been covered by newspaper. That is due to the fact that Eddie Piehands, our mack snow leopard gecko is shy and does not like to be bothered. In the tub on top of her cage, is our nameless, black mexican kingsnake. And just beyond that is the experimental 2 gallon dirt tank.

Coming around the last turn, you will see the dirt tank, the 1 gallon betta tank that Bloody Mary lives in, and the newly redone 2.5 gallon nano. Now with dirt.

I hope you enjoyed your tour. Please exit the tour in an orderly fashion and do not bother the local wildlife on your way out have a nice day.

Now that the nonsense is over. Back to fish related things.:proud:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. I got a few pics of the tanks today too, besides all the shots in the first post.
2 gal dirt tank
A few moss growth shots.

And a FTS from one of the other panels in the front of the tank.

I tried to get some macro shots from Shrimptopia, but they turned out terrible on the P&S. I may try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool tanks! they all look great. once they grow out, it will be super cool!

what all critters do you have in your zoo?

WHY IS ADMISSION FREE??????!!!!!!?????? what happened to our business scheme?
Lol. Thanks man. All the critters are listed in the tour. You just have to read it. There are 4 lizards and 3 snakes though. And the 2 cats. That is why it is a zoo. Lol

I will start charging when I get all the new enclosures made. The leopard geckos and fire skink are getting wooden enclosures the size of a 40 b, the bearded dragon is getting a 4'w x 2't x 2'd viv and the snakes will be getting vivs 4'w x1't x 2'd. And all will be statted and all that. And look like furniture. After that, it will be 10 bucks a head. Lol.

Looks like my flame moss is taken off good for you! I told you it's those roids I pump in there lol

I think you could totally fit a rack in there.
Lol. Not yet but soon. We are taking over the office for the baby's room soon, so I am already planning something in there. And I may end up using some of the basement too. At that point I am planning several racks.

The moss is beastly. I love it. I may employ you to keep up the steroids in it. Lol. Just come over once a week and inject it for me so I don't have to have your special recipe.:hihi:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Lol. Not yet but soon. We are taking over the office for the baby's room soon, so I am already planning something in there. And I may end up using some of the basement too. At that point I am planning several racks.

The moss is beastly. I love it. I may employ you to keep up the steroids in it. Lol. Just come over once a week and inject it for me so I don't have to have your special recipe.:hihi:
Check my journal, you will have moss envy of the package I just got. :)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check my journal, you will have moss envy of the package I just got. :)
Lol. I just said I did.:hihi: That is a nice moss package. I know where I am gonna go when you have let your roids work on them for a while.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahah the breakfast club!!! yes!!!!

nice tanks but dude i think you need to hire an extra zookeeper.
Lol. When the little one gets here, I am going to start training as soon as she can walk.:hihi:

And thanks for the compliment, Non-c.

im a little late to breakfast club arent I? i havent eaten yet, so does it still count?
Lol, I just finished drinking my breakfast.:)

I am surprised no one said anything about Bettie Page on the wall too.:hihi:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we all thought it!

idk what imma eat.. maybe ill heat up some leftover venison :) yeah, ill do that!
Lol.

Send some venison my way.:)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its fresh too! my dads friend shot a doe and didnt have time to butcher it. so he gave it to my dad ( my dad butchers all his own deer) its so good! we had the tenderloin last night!
Very nice. Does he do deer jerky by any chance?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
uuhhh YES! the best ever! im eating the leftover steak right now
Hhhhmmmm, maybe next time you come to the Chi. you need to bring some with. I will trade you one cheeseburger for one dear steak.:)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not sure they would let me take that one the plane.. but maybe!
Lol. That would be a good visit through security.

Sir, what's in the bag?

It's deer meat, I swear!

1 - 20 of 2020 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.