The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a ca-1000(catalina aquarium ultra-1000) canister filter off ebay for 56 bucks shipping and all.i dont know how long it will last but for 56 bucks hey!. i also have a eheim 2229 both are running side by side and the 1000 is running just as smoth as the eheim but its alot bigger.the eheim is for tanksup to 158 gallons the catalina is for up to 240 gallons . i will keep every one posted wel see how long this thing holds up.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
If its made in China why buy it? EHEIM is made in Germany, and crafted nice, sure you can save a few bucks buy buying knock offs from China, but in the long run your just wasting your money. I always buy Mid-range to top of the line. Just my 2 cents. Lets us know how it works 6mo- year.

MADE IN CHINA IS KILLING AMERICA AND OTHER COUNTRIES!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have 3 Eheim's and one Jebo (Eheim clone) a Fluval 404 and Magnum 350. I've been lucky no issues with any of my canisters. The Jebo is pretty poorly packaged but it does a good job at filtration and I haven't had any issues with it. Probably 2 years old running non-stop so far. I would still buy Eheim but if you are on a budget the Jebo is worth a look.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Chill out dude. 90% of the crap that all of us have in our houses was made in china and has been for at least 50 years. They haven't taken over us yet, and never will. So chill. And chill on the all caps and xenophobic rhetoric.

If its made in China why buy it? EHEIM is made in Germany, and crafted nice, sure you can save a few bucks buy buying knock offs from China, but in the long run your just wasting your money. I always buy Mid-range to top of the line. Just my 2 cents. Lets us know how it works 6mo- year.

MADE IN CHINA IS KILLING AMERICA AND OTHER COUNTRIES!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Chill out dude. 90% of the crap that all of us have in our houses was made in china and has been for at least 50 years. They haven't taken over us yet, and never will. So chill. And chill on the all caps and xenophobic rhetoric.
No sir, not 50 years. That was 1957. Not even 25 years. And yes, Chinese imports are killing the old U.S. manufacturers of textiles, computers, household goods etc... But those companies just have their stuff made in China now, and we all buy it cheap. Some of its junk, and some is starting to be decent quality. But 50 years ago we were just starting to buy Japanese goods, and imports from Hong Kong,Taiwan and else where. Its just the evolution of the market place. I don't always like it. I like to buy local if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
ianmoede I'm fine no need to chill out, I just try to buy less of made in China. My point is my 2 cents and thats all. The point made is that if your going to buy something even if made in China, buy the Mid-High level and it will last longer.

P.S. I only used caps in one sentence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts