The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my nurii at a club auction last month and it's been jinkzed so far, the night I brought it home I decided to float all my new plants and the nurii was the only one that got pushed on top of other plants so a couple of leaves dried out. Then I got it planted and it was a mother plant with 3 plantlets connected by a pretty good mass of roots but it was difficult for me to get every single root into my substrate, so one of my fish find the roots tasty. Before I new it the fish had eaten all the roots below the mother plant and it was just hanging there but 2 very thin roots, I couldn't do anything but pray for new roots because if I touched it these 2 would certainly break.

I did get all the roots below the substrate today being very careful but I still broke a couple of roots but I'm praying tonight the fish won't pull it up looking for a meal, I need an other small tank to handle these little problems.

Has anyone else had a problem with nurii getting eaten? I have never had a fish eat at any Crypt in my tank and it took somebody 8 months or more to cultivate this little plant so I want it to survive my tank, besides it's a beautiful plant.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really have no way to reach the roots once the plants are in the tank, my arm isn't long enough and I use tongs for everything. After I got it all tucked in neatly he did leave it be last night, so it should be ok from here out.

The nurii would have won the battle no matter what, the fish is an very old Pelvicachromis pulcher that would have found a new home had he continued.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.