The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have always red the difference between taiwan bee and crs is that tb have color on the face where as normal crs/cbs are white. well the C grade/super reds have a red face. so how does this work? after seeing ravens C grade they are really solid red and just a tad white like some of the tb. some one please fill me in on the difference on how to tell and what to look for

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
No a TB is a complete different SP. it is a morph from a CRS/CBS/SNOW white. People refernence the color on the face because that is a easy way to tell the differnce on Panada tb and CBS CRS. If you look at a TB in person there is no getting it wrog. The TB color Pops, I mean is deep and vibrante. Not spotchy colorless look.

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
No a TB is a complete different SP. it is a morph from a CRS/CBS/SNOW white. People refernence the color on the face because that is a easy way to tell the differnce on Panada tb and CBS CRS. If you look at a TB in person there is no getting it wrog. The TB color Pops, I mean is deep and vibrante. Now spotch colorless look.
well said.

even the new mosura bkks that are mostly white with just a band of black on their head still have black faces.

found a photo:

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
i have always red the difference between taiwan bee and crs is that tb have color on the face where as normal crs/cbs are white. well the C grade/super reds have a red face. so how does this work? after seeing ravens C grade they are really solid red and just a tad white like some of the tb. some one please fill me in on the difference on how to tell and what to look for
I asked a similar question a while ago, Wicca. The answer always seems to be you have to see it in person.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soothing that can be hard some times you have to take people at their word and with pics. ive been burned so i trust few people lol. i will be able to see it in person soon i hope lol. speedie hurry up and sell again lol

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they are pretty that is for sure. the problem i have is even though i like the price the fact i dont work (disability) im really limited and most of my shrimp budges comes from stuff i crochet and sell or selling shrimp and fish them selves. only time i get any chunk of cash is tax time...... its not that im not willing to do it i just Cant.

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
most asian breeders wont waste their time selling to US buyers.

If you were a breeder who would you sell to?

1. US buyer who wont pay top dollar and requires expensive shipping and importing procedures.

2. Japanese buyer who will fly from Japan to your shop to pick out specific shrimp and pay you top dollar.

I think thats an easy choice. Japan is snatching up Pintos like crazy right now.

but I'm working on trying to source some from smaller breeders.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It always amazed me that Americans will spend hundreds on the latest fancy setups and gadgets, but won't spend over 10 bucks for the actual pet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
758 Posts
It's not the fact that they wont spend money on pets. It's that shrimp keeping is not as big a market.

Look at dogs I know my friends spent 1500+ on each of her dogs. While I went cheap and only payed 700 for mine. (not to mention his 600 dollar vet bill when he got the flu as a puppy lol).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
When high grade shrimps can be sold at the same rate as in Asian, a lot more people will be willing to spend hundreds on a single shrimp. Before that happens, not many will do that. I've spent thousands on shrimps but so far the most expensive ones I have paid for is $60. Although I do have a few 300-400 worth shrimps but those were given to me as gift, lucky me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts