The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

This is my first aquarium. I've done more research than I'd care to admit but now it's time to put that into practice!

Tank/Stand
- 55 gallon Aqueon
- 48" Oak

Lights
- Finnex Planted+ 24/7 (48")

Heater
- Eheim 200-watt Jager

Filtration
- SunSun Hw304B (525GPH)
- Outflow & Inflow Lily Pipe's
- Hydor Koralia Nano 425 Circulation Pump

Substrate
- ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia
- CaribSea Super Naturals Aquarium Sand

C02
- Premium AQUATEK C02 Regulator w/ Solenoid
- Learn To Brew C02 Cylinder, 5lb
- Rhinox Diffuser
- Rhinox Drop Checker
- GLA Tubing

Fertilizer / Chemicals
- GLA PPS-Pro (Macro/Micro)
- Seachem Stability
- Seachem Neutral Regulator
- Seachem Prime
- API Tap Water Conditioner
- API Stress Coat Water Conditioner

Tank Updates

5/17 -

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks good.

I'm under the impression the Current satellite LEDs were pretty low PAR though. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You may also have dark areas on the edges of your tank running a 36" light on a 48" tank.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good.

I'm under the impression the Current satellite LEDs were pretty low PAR though. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You may also have dark areas on the edges of your tank running a 36" light on a 48" tank.
Thanks!

I'll have to check it out when it gets here. That room will have a good amount of indirect lighting so I'm not too concerned. If it's not enough lighting to reach all corners though, I'll look into other options. Do you have any lights you prefer?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good.

My order was still pending. I was able to cancel it, do additional research, and went with the Finnex Planted+ 24/7. It has higher par and choosing the 48" I'm sure will help better with light distribution. On top of that, the 24/7 feature seems neat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Update 5/5/2016
All the parts are starting to come in. The only thing I truly need to start is my substrate and filter.

My seiryu rocks came in yesterday and look fantastic!

Rock 1
Rock 2

Light installed. Doing leak test with the python that just came in the mail :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 5/6/2016

Hardscaping begun. I'm waiting for my wood to become waterlogged to complete this process.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5/10 - Driftwood waterlogged... Sort of. I decided to attach some slate to the bottom of the big piece of texas wood.

Second image is a holding bucket for some plants that arrived early:
- Wisteria
- Dwarf Hairgrass
- Baby Tears

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5/17/2016 - Planted and flooded.

(Above Image: I clearly didn't buy enough baby tears. I really hope the foxtail (Green) in the back takes off -- I love the stuff!)

(Above Image: The moss is Christmas moss. I'm not a fan of how it looks right now because of the pads, but I think in the long run this is a better idea (once it's grown out anyways). The dwarf hairgrass may be a bit too long. Might trim in a day or two.

(Above Image: SunSun hw-304b on left -- 5lb C02 tank/Aquatek regulator on right)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5/25/2016 - Plant Growth! The foxtail is exploding.

5/25/2016 - Snail Bros. Appeared out of know where, probably from the plants.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Couldn't help but notice that Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #15 Russian Imperial Stout in the pics with the seiryu stones!

You sir, are a beer connoisseur. Also, looking forward to see how that tree is filling in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts