The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

We are working on a book about nano aquaria of all types. We are interested in purchasing rights to photos for this book.

We buy multiple nonexclusive rights, meaning we can use the photo, but you retain ownership and can sell it to anyone else you want. We can pay $20 for each photo. There is no limit to how many photos we can buy from one person, but send only your finest pictures.

Unfortunately, print medium requires much higher resolution than does the computer screen, which is normally 72 dpi. Something that looks great onscreen may be horribly pixellated in print. As a minimum we need about 900 pixels by 1500 pixels, and bigger is much better. We are looking for crisp, clear, well composed shots.

As for subject, we are interested in any aspect of nano setups, freshwater, saltwater, brackish, vivarium, ponds, etc.

If you have photos you’d like to submit for consideration, please send them to me as email attachments at [email protected]. Attach only one photo per email to avoid bandwidth problems.

Please rename your photo files to this format:

Yourname.subject.filetype
For example:
Johndoe.3galreef.jpg, janedoe.15galvivarium.tif

We can only use UNEDITED files. Send us the raw photo. Don’t doctor them in any way, including cropping. We will do any editing that is necessary. We can use jpegs, tiffs, and other high-resolution formats.

Thanks for considering TFH!

David.

--
David E. Boruchowitz
Editor-in-Chief, Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine
Senior Editor, Aquatics Books, TFH Publications
[email protected]

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
Before anyone posts a reply, this is a real offer, and it was OK'ed by the administration.

·
Are these real?
15,750 Posts
As for subject, we are interested in any aspect of nano setups, freshwater, saltwater, brackish, vivarium, ponds, etc.
David, can you define "Nano" for us... is there a size limit (5gal? 10gal?). I have never heard of a nano pond. :wink:

·
Registered
845 Posts
I love this magazine! I'm a subscriber too! :) I hope some of our gifted photographers here will jump in on this. There are some beautiful nanos here that I would love to see in book format.

Pssssssst....I got a nano pond! It's a 10g with goldfish and GW in my backyard. hehehe :tongue:

Like to add a suggestion: Maybe make a post in the "Planted Nano Tanks" area?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.