The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take 'em!

You can have as many as you want from my tank if you pay for shipping for a small flat rate box.

Are you sure you want mts? I also read recently that you can ask the pet stores if they have any pests snails you can take off their hands. You will only need a handful before they multiply like crazy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You can have as many as you want from my tank if you pay for shipping for a small flat rate box.

Are you sure you want mts? I also read recently that you can ask the pet stores if they have any pests snails you can take off their hands. You will only need a handful before they multiply like crazy.
Yup this is true. I had maybe two or three before they multiplied to dozens. I had a lot more in my Fluval Ebi before I sold it. Now I've got just a few in my other tanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
they are rampant. I just sold my yoyo loaches and the mts are coming out of the woodwork. What did you do to get so few after you had so many in your other tank? I wouldn't mind having some....but I have too many...

I have recently downsized the amount of fish I have in my tank so I won't need to feed as much...I am hoping this will eradicate over feeding and supply and demand for the mts...

·
Registered
270 Posts
they are rampant. I just sold my yoyo loaches and the mts are coming out of the woodwork. What did you do to get so few after you had so many in your other tank? I wouldn't mind having some....but I have too many...

I have recently downsized the amount of fish I have in my tank so I won't need to feed as much...I am hoping this will eradicate over feeding and supply and demand for the mts...
Huh? You don't say? It sounds like you need to buy some replacement loaches :hihi:

I did have more MTS than I wanted, but I'd always pick them out using long tweezers and either RAOK or put them in my shrimp tanks. In my shrimp tanks, the MTS didn't reproduce hardly at all because I think they were being out competed by the shrimp for any available algae.

The MTS though were easy to pick out. It's the tiny, tiny rams snails that are the hardest to pick out. Those are the suxor.

But in all honesty, if you're done with keeping loaches, I'd buy a couple of assassin snails and call it a day. They'll do the trick :proud:

EDIT: Sorry Paulcm10 for hijacking your thread....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts