The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi guys,

I wanted to buy some hc for my mr.aqua 11.4 gallon tank but I wasn't sure where the best place to do that would be. I have already tried the swap and shop and couldn't find anyone so I am now looking at online have dealers. So far, I found two places. One is the amano online shop, and the other is aquriumplants.com. They are almost the same price, so I was wondering if any of you guys had experience buying HC or plants in general from these sources. Oh and one more question. I noticed that aquariumplants sells hc in 3by5 mats, if I went with them, would it be more cost effective to buy mats rather than pots?

Thanks for the input

·
Super Moderator
16,940 Posts
I ordered two mats of HC from AP. They pack it in newspaper and stuff it into a baggy. HC is fairly delicate so you can imagine how poorly it arrived. It also comes attached to bedding material that makes it more difficult to remove than it would be from potting wool. (Here's hoping they replace one of my mats - they're a great business so I'm sure they will)

HOWEVER - I've ordered HC in pots from them and other dealers (they all come from the same tropical farm in Florida) and have never, ever had a problem.

If you can find it via SnS, get it there. Hobbyists are always the way to go, in my opinion. If you can't find it, AP is solid. It's really tough to go wrong when buying from any of the businesses that sponsor this site - so be sure to check them all out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,

thanks for the info. I actually normally buy from the sns or power seller forums, but I couldn't find HC when I was looking. Just ordered some HC from AP. After which I checked the SNS and to my slight annoyance found HC on sale today. Arrrggg... well next time I will try to have more patience with the SNS and wait around. But anyway, I found your posts very encouraging and am looking forward to receiving my HC pots from AP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.