The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this solenoid. Got it for dirt cheap. I got it in hopes to use it for a small paintball co2 build.

I noticed that the ports on the manifold were small so I assumed that they were 10-32. I screwed in a 10-32 fitting, it went in but felt loose. After looking up the model it says the ports are M5 connections. Is that the same as 10-32?

I'm also having a hard time finding the cable plug, which is Type 2507. Does anyone have one out there or know where I can find/buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
It's a metric size. M = metric 5= 5 mm.

5mm = .19685, 31.5 threads/inch
10-32 = .190, 32 threads/inch

There's a 1/8 ss burert 6011 for $35. Why don't you get that?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a metric size. M = metric 5= 5 mm.

5mm = .19685, 31.5 threads/inch
10-32 = .190, 32 threads/inch

There's a 1/8 ss burert 6011 for $35. Why don't you get that?

Thanks for the info Alan.

I did pick one up. Just waiting for it to ship in. I'm going to use it for this...

It's the same one you have, I think.

I was planning on using the solenoid above for a paintball reg build.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can get a lot of M5 fittings on Amazon. The sellers MettleAir & SMC had what I needed (fittings and thread adapters) to put this set up together. Uxcell has fittings too but don't seem to be able to send what I ordered (labeled right but wrong product), so buyer beware. The valves are Fabco NV-55's with 10/32 ports ($23.05) versus the NV-55-18 with npt 1/8" ports ($34.75).

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a picture of the same exact item that was on Evilbay. Your friend picked it up for a good price. I thought about it, too. But you'll still need to swap out the CGA180 for a 320.
Huh, how funny! I guess it's because he owed me. Either way it's a nice little reg. I've been searching for an SS CGA 320, 2" or shorter, if there is such a thing. Would you happen to know where I can source one?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Huh, how funny! I guess it's because he owed me. Either way it's a nice little reg. I've been searching for an SS CGA 320, 2" or shorter, if there is such a thing. Would you happen to know where I can source one?
Got mine from eBay. If I remember correctly it's made by Parker. I'm not home now but I believe it's longer than 2 inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.