The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 6 Burkert 6011 solenoids, and they all close slowly. It takes about 5 to 15 minutes to close. Is this normal? I've seen some that close instantly. I know Clippard Mice solenoids close right away.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Sounds too weird for words, so brings some questions about what you see and what else might be causing the deal. Weird because it is only an electromagnet keeping it open and a spring closing it, so doing it slow would require some really weird slow movement like think lube, maybe?
But there are times when what we see may not be the real story, so let me check.
How are you judging when it closes? Are you watching when bubbles stop coming out at the tank?
That might bring in a thought on the way a long tube may balloon while pressure is on and then slowly let it release out the end. This is more likely to happen if you have a long tube and material that is softer to let it balloon more, often combined with a reactor or diffuser that uses higher pressure.
Any chance of that looking like the solenoid not closing when it has actually closed but pressure is still slowly working it's way out of the tube?

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
do you mean the bubble stop after 5- 15 minutes you shut off the solenoid? then it is normal.

a solenoid once shut off, the flow is also stop at the valve, but the inside the system(after the solenoid), there is still pressurized co2 slowly passing through rest of the co2 system.

BTW, nice parker co2 system!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.