The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a new member and I was wondering if you guys can help me out in ID-ing these plants, and how to prevent it from decaying. I've uploaded the 3 plants pictures. There one with the tall singular green plant is the odd one out of the bunches there, that one has been growing while the others haven't. Then there's the pinkish plant next to it. The top is nice but the bottom seems to be turning to mush. I does with seachem flourish 2x a week, and just gotten the CO2 running today (don't think its working like its supposed to). I also swap out my regular light for the Zoo Med Reef Sun 50/50 Compact Fluorescent Bulb, and have another orchid light from a hydoponic store shining toward the width of the plant. Any other information I need to give, please ask, I really like the purple plant. Thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, finally figures out how to work the plant finder on the top , its a Crimson Ivy, now to find the next two

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a fast grower??? But the bottom leaf are melting and it hasn't grown an inch since i've had it (for 4 months) What's left in the tank is actually from 2 bunches. Hmm, i remember seeing a post where someone posted a picture of a plant and for each leaf deterioration, it was followed by a deficiency in a particular mineral. I need to find that post.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yes this is a REALLY fast growing plant. For this reason I cannot understand why it is acting the way it is in your tank after 4 months. Have you got dirt in your tank, or dosing ferts or roottabs or anything? Does seem like a dificiency to me, good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
laterite, a bit of soil made especially for african violet (it was on sale at walmart), eco complete gravel, and another type of inert gravel, in layers, and only about 2 inches total. Twice weekly dosing of Flourish, and a used red sea CO2 (which is currently malfunctioning, only give a big bubble here and there), I'm going to go uproot all my plants again, but i need to study for my nclex, so its gonna have to wait till the end of the month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts