The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reefer here thinking about branching off ( pun intended ) in to the wild world of planted FW aquariums. I like the idea of the nature style aqua scapes.

so that said I am looking for a bulk source of tissue culture plants. from what I under stand you gotta start out with high quality plants and a lot of em.

tank will be "tech tech"

so please share your best tissue culture source in the US.

cheers
D

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't know of any place where you can get wholesale type pricing if that's what you mean. I've seen buy 2 get 1 free type deals, but I don't know if that's what you're after.

But you don't have to go with TC to get high quality plants. You may want to check the Sale forum here or post what you are looking for in WTB and score a better deal. (You need to be signed in and using the desktop version of the site to see these forums.) Tanks do better with a large mass of growing plants, and unless you are doing a dry start TC plants aren't going to give you the mass you need right at the start. If successful they will definitely fill in over time, but they start out teeny.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know of any place where you can get wholesale type pricing if that's what you mean. I've seen buy 2 get 1 free type deals, but I don't know if that's what you're after.

But you don't have to go with TC to get high quality plants. You may want to check the Sale forum here or post what you are looking for in WTB and score a better deal. (You need to be signed in and using the desktop version of the site to see these forums.) Tanks do better with a large mass of growing plants, and unless you are doing a dry start TC plants aren't going to give you the mass you need right at the start. If successful they will definitely fill in over time, but they start out teeny.

yeah I guess I was/am looking for the best quality plants a guy can buy in bulk at a reasonable price point to start a thriving planted tank.

not sure if I am going to dry start or not. still learning prob. will for the next few months a habit from keeping reef tanks you go slow and study.

i'll check the for sale forums.

thanks for the feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts