The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I recal reading a post some time ago about some driftwood that was bought in bulk. I am looking for some smaller branchy or twig like driftood, hopfeully discounted in a bulk pack. I dont need a huge amount but probably 25 pcs or more if there small, probably double that or so. I am going to be making a divider in a 150XH tank, the divider will be about 4"-5" tall with flourite behind and sand (shallow - like 1") infront, and will be bent into a wave like contour. To hide this 'wall' that will have 3"-4" hieght visible I would like to make a pile of driftood peices along infornt of it up just over the top, with java fern and anubias kinda woven into the pile. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Bump*

Surprised no one has any info for buying driftwood in bulk?

After posting on another forum I have a few leads, wondering if anyone here has any opinions on them...
-manzanita.com - random lengths are fairly cheap, but only sell manzanita
-ebay seller id: rockartsource, didnt see that I could get quanity discount anywere
-aquaticeco.com, quantity discount on malaysian, but cant get shipping quote
-tedsfishroom.com, box sets not that big yet seem pricey

Another question I had is I am torn between the branchy manzanita look and malaysian... can these be mixed or will they clash to much? Anyone have any success mixing these (pics)?

·
Registered
689 Posts
FYI i got some driftwood off of ebay and they said it was for aquarium yet i had it soaking for over 3 months and it never sank.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would amagine some ebayers are probably collecting it themselves, using native wood which isnt dense like malaysian driftood. Some may need anchored to slate or a rock or something. I'm not too worried about that though. It didnt happen to be Mygoodys97 did it? He was mentioned to me recently, selling cedar driftwood for terrariums and aquariums. Anyone have any opinions on cedar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts