The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to posting here but long time reader!

I am looking to expand my anubias collection both in types and volume. Right now I have my 150 and 75g tanks set up with an emersed ebb and flow system much like GateKeepers seen here:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8...scussion/76132-my-ebb-flow-emersed-setup.html

Also people just keep giving me tanks, most trying to get out of the hobby, so I would like to set those up with anubias as well. My LFS wants $8-15/anubias and doesn't have a lot of variety. This is too much for the quality and they are just the common types nana, nana petite, bareti. I am looking to buy as many varieties I can and buy in bulk the ones I need for several tree aquascapes, but I can't find any good dealers or people willing to sell. Does anyone know of someone selling anubias or wholesalers?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep! I love that blog! I was a plant tissue culture scientist back in the day and I want to combine some of that with the tissue culture techniques I know. I think I can increase yields and initial growth rate. I just want to get my hands on a good start up stock (numbers and variety). I need a better stock to get the flower timing correct because the flowers are apparently only fertile in phases (male then female). I don't know if they can self pollinate. If I just keep splitting the same rhizome then pollinate the flowers this is in effect self pollination. My guess is they can't so I need to increase my stock (genetic diversity). And this is where all my troubles come from....finding the different varieties and quantities.

I'll PM KingPlakat as I just found this thread.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/72-pennsylvania/176919-anubias-anyone.html

But if anyone out there has unusual (non standard LFS) anubias PM me!

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I've tried twice to keep a big anubias collection.. and got [censor]ed by rhizome rot whipping it out...
I'd love to keep large amounts/size ones again but for now I just have a lot of petite and mic.. and a golden.. and some forgotten nana in my blackworm bins..
What species do you have in you emersed setup right now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the late reply, traveling for business.

I have nana, nana petite, barteri barteri, barteri wrinkled leaf, coffeefolia, congensis, lanceolata, hastefolia.

mic...? is that micro? Is that like bonsai, where is it just nana petite grown under specific conditions that make it small?

I do not have golden....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.