The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

I'm currently building a new hood for my tank.

The inner part is fully covered with "mylar diamond" for a maximum reflection.

I have 2 ballasts :
- 1 for my T8 15w (lighting starts at 9:00 and stops at 21:00) (bulb n° 1.)
- 1 for my T5 2x24w (lighting starts at 9:30 and stops at 17:30) (bulb n° 2. and 3.)

Here is a sketch :

I assume with 99% sureness that 1 and 3 are "daylight" bulbs and 2 is "plant grow" bulb.

So my question is : In which location ( A, B and C ) should I put my bulbs ( 1. 2. and 3. ) ?

Of course, the optimum position for plant growth and pleasure of eyes ;)

Remember :
- although I can put them in every position I want, bulbs 2. and 3. starts and stop jointly.
- During few hours, bulb number 1 is alone.

Thanks in advance,

rC.

_

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
How do you know if even all 3 bulbs will provide enough light for plants? What tank is this for? Is it to be a low light tank or what? Are they 24 inch long bulbs, or what? And, how high above the top of the tank will the bulbs be?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Hoppy,

Thank you for your reply.

It's a planted tank for sure, but as a beginner, i don't know if it's "heavily", or "normaly" or "poorly" planted. Here is a recent pic (bad quality sorry) Most of slow plants still have to grow.

So, some details about the tank :

90 liters (~23,81 g.)

length : 60 cm (~23,62 inches)
width : 30 cm (~11,81 inches)
depth : 50 cm (~19,69 inches)

T5 bulbs are 43.8 cm long (~17,25 inches) (next time i'll change the T5, i'll be able to put 55 cm [~21.65 inches] bulbs)

bulbs will be approx. 18 or 19 inches far from the substrate and about 1 inch above the water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.