The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to my lfs today. and i happen apon a bulb plant (that normally i would shy away from... as i have NEVER had luck with them) and it was awesome cause it was pinkish purple. so i bought it. at 1.99 i don't care if it dies. but when i took it home i noticed that about 3 plants with roots and a complete system have grown from this one bulb..... and a mini bulb had grown attached to the big one with a plant growing out of it. now my first instinct was to take all the plants off the bulbs. i didn't because i kept thinking that if i do that i will kill the plants. but i also wondering should i take them off? i detached the mini bulb from the mother bulb.... prob wasn't a good idea? any advice would be GREATLY welcomed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
There are many bulb plants but a common one is a lotus plant, is this what you bought by chance? These are very easy to grow in my experience. I had one bulb where the plant it gave me almost overtook the tank. Eventually you will find numerous new bulbs throughout the substrate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i THINK it is a lotus plant. i will take pictures once my tank settles. i just cleaned the tank so it's still settling. but i am wondering if the new plants should be planted in the substrate or what? i am so confused. i never know what to do with them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.