The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I didn't know where to post this but here it goes.
Tomorrow my manager is having my place sprayed for bugs. What do you guys recommend I do with my tanks? :confused:
My ebi is on my breakfast bar and my other one is next to the dining table and they're spraying my kitchen.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bedrooms are upstairs and my second tank is 36 gallons with 11 fish in it... I wish I could! They don't bomb it's more like what Dale Gribble does with the wand.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Turn Off all the stuff that moves the water. Cover the tank with plastic bags.

Usually this"spraying" is limited to under cabinets and at water source points like where the water pipes enter the walls.

Exterminators also sometime just use a sterization bait that the bugs eat and it leaves them sterile so they cannot reproduce.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Wes

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:/ I just worry because he'll be spraying right there and I don't want anything to get in there
I was thinking that! I think that's what Ortho(?) told me.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If you're concerned, bag them and tape the edges of the bag to whatever they're on with masking tape (just so it comes off easily.) When they're done spraying, remove. I doubt it will matter, personally, but I also can't think of a compelling reason not to use a little prevention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.