The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've always wondered who was the most destructive plant eater in my 125 - the Columbian Tetras or the Buenos Aires Tetras. I've read both can eat plants. I've managed to find many they won't touch, but all my stem plants (except Hygro Kompact) get devoured overnight. I have a bunch of dwarf sag floating in another tank - I wanted to use it in a tank that will have Columbians. I had some in the 125 but it was eaten in two days - I never see who does the eating!

Well today I was standing in the living room petting my cat, lazily gazing at my 125. All of the sudden a BAT swoops straight at my crinum, picks a spot halfway up a leaf, and chomps down! He bit so hard it folded the leaf into a "V" shape. I jumped at the tank by reflex & scared the fish, but now I know. Of course this doesn't take the Columbians off the hook, but after several months I finally got to catch a fish in the act. Just thought it was funny & wanted to share...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha - but they are my favorite fish - I like them more than the plants ; )

I could have them in a tank full of various java ferns, bolbitis, and crypts - so far they leave them alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.