The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On an upcoming visit to California, I will be spending a bit of time in the area llisted above. Are there aquarium shops in that area that carry a good stock of aquatic plants? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you still going to be in the area?
Yep. I fly into Burbank On Jan. 5, but the dates I will be in Orange County are still unknown. I am thinking I will try to make it the weekend of the 9th, but it depends on someone else's work schedule.

I think I wil have a few other Alabama fans on the plane with me! Roll Tide! When I made my reservations, there was no guarantee that Alabama would be in the BCS championship game on the 7th!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
check out Strictly Fish in Lakewood near Long Beach Airport they usually have a good selection of plants when theyre full. dont know of anyother fish store that has as good of a selection as they do

·
Registered
712 Posts
if you are in fountain valley, i would check out the following:

Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets (one of the bigger fish stores around)
(714) 842-2733
8976 Warner Ave
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Pacific Reef (they concentrate more on salt stuff)
(714) 964-8899
18926A Brookhurst St.

Prehistoric Pets (if you are marginally interested in reptiles, amphib, etc, it is definitely worth checking out)
www.prehistoricpets.com
18822 Brookhurst Street
(714) 964-3525

if you want to go off the beaten path a little, 405 Tropical sometimes has interesting stuff (no plants though). I think people find the store unimpressive, but I really like it there. tetra are usually very cheap (cardinal, rummys, black neons, etc). the past couple weeks to a month, they've had what looked like Rineloricaria sp., Ancistrus sp., Nannostomus sp. (maybe trifasciatus?), a gulper cat, and they have interesting plecos from time to time. of course, E. Nishikigoi is less than a mile away so check it out. (for such a big place, it's easy to miss).

405 Tropical
(714) 373-0777
15222 Goldenwest St
Westminster, CA 92683

Eastern Nishikigoi (pond stuff, koi, goldfish)
http://www.enkoi.com/
14700 Goldenwest St
Westminster, CA 92683-5244

1 - 6 of 6 Posts