The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this sand? I’m looking for sand that is not too fine and does not raise my ph as it’s high enough already. Was also looking at caribsea crystal river. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this sand? I’m looking for sand that is not too fine and does not raise my ph as it’s high enough already. Was also looking at caribsea crystal river. Thanks!
Just use Pool Filter Sand it's about $10-12 for 50lbs. Completely inert and proper grain size for aquariums.

Here's the skinny on light colored sand. It gets discolored eventually from bacteria, algae, etc. So you want something very economical so you can just replace some of the surface layer with more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Any downside to using pool filter sand? For fish or for plants?? I plan to add root tabs and dose water. Any specific brand or place to buy it from? Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.