The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! A post on this beautiful Bucephelandra is up on my blog AquaBiota! Here is an excerpt of what you’ll find there, for the rest click on the link below! Thank you for taking the time to check out this post ☺ Enjoy!
Inspire91

This particular variety actually is the 1st of (at this time) 3 different varieties of B."Sekadau". There is also #2 and #3, but today I will just be covering #1. It was collected by a shop here in Japan by the name of "Team Borneo". In Japan their reputation is basically that they are well known for collecting a plethora of rare, unusual, and new freshwater plants and fish. They collected this one in Western Kalimantan in an area named "Sekadau".

·
Puzzled...
1,223 Posts
That looks awesome!!! Drool...

It looks submersed, but the full flowering is making me lean toward being grown emersed with subsequent flooding.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
That looks awesome!!! Drool...

It looks submersed, but the full flowering is making me lean toward being grown emersed with subsequent flooding.
Hey Jimmy,

Bucephalandra will regularly throw spathes both in and out of water.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bucephelandra - Beautiful species

You have very beautiful plants.

I wish I could buy them but I'll have to wait till get cheaper and it is avaliable locally.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@dogfish - sorry for such a late reply, but Bucephelandra in general grow in and along stream beds, in semi-shaded/open areas. Therefore they can be kept in relatively low-lighting (2 watts a gal) or higher lighting (4-5watts a gal) either amount of lighting is fine! Lighting type does not really make a big difference with this plant, more attention should be given to the wattage, and even then like I mentioned above, there is a wide range there. Time-wise, around 7-8 hours is just fine. Hope this helps

@Rony11 - Ty for the kind words :) the higher price and limited availability basically stems from its slow growth, and that is still relatively new to the hobby, it will take some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts