The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this bucephalandra from a seller in Tokyo, Japan over two years ago. The supplier of this seller was in Malaysia at that time. This bucephalandra was named by the supplier as Bucephalandra "sekadau type 2". It has an upright growth pattern, the leaves are light green and it has a prominent mid-rib. The veins are numerous and visible to the naked eye; the vein-netting is easily seen by macro-shot or magnifying glass. The new leaf and top rhizome has a bright red petiole; the anterior leaf blade seems lacking of waxy cuticle. The base of the spathe appears "crimped or pinched".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Bucephalandra grows under water during the rainy season when the water level in rivers and creeks are high. This picture was taken during the dry season (April to October) when the water level is low and exposes the bucephalandra growing on rocks and boulders. The humidity is very high throughout the year and the forest canopy provides shade.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
You have a ton of nice plants Crispino. I'm a tad jealous.

Nice photos too!
You should see his Cryptocorynes!

Cris your buces are amazing, im much more fond of the upright growing buces, then the creeping ones, you make me wanna spend more money dude!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts