The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read the same thing, but mostly old accounts. I was hoping to see what others have found.

So, Planted Tank Forum Members, what is your experience? :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone else tried to grow bucephalandra on wood? If so, what were the results?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've only grown mine on wood (anubias took up all my rocks). They don't attach nearly as strongly as anubias do to wood, but they certainly stay in one place.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have several sp. of buce all growing well on wood, but they do take a while to root to it. They root extremely well to volcanic rock.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I also have buce growing on wood. It did seem like it took a while for the roots to stick. From what others here are saying it seems that they attach more quickly to rock.. Hmm

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've heard of people having a lot of success with anubia some with Buce and using superglue to mount them to wood, So I figured I have a crack.

I'd just trimmed my Buce Brownie Ghost after a year of good growth on lava rock.

Then test run with my Buce cuttings. Tricky balancing them but enough to visualize before glue

I dried the part of the plant that will be attached to the wood with paper towel. Then Just put a drop of superglue where the rhizome or roots attach and hold for 10 seconds (or balance it very well as i did with most of them, only a few needed holding)

Then the finished product.

Rinsed and placed into tank

a bit murky as i was shuffling plants around

The CPD squad scoping it out - other buces are tied to lava rock so wanted something different.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Foxpuppet,
That buce tree is beautiful!

Once the plants start growing in, please let us know if the roots attach better to your rocks or to the wood.

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts