The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So are buce flowers very delicate? Or do I have very ravenous pond snails?

This buce flowered in my dedicated buce tank, there are only snails in there. I dose ferts once a week and use pressurized CO2. The plants grow decently well, and when this one put out a flower shoot I was really excited!

Did not think it would end up looking like it went through a shredder, however, haha...

Does anyone know if buce flowers are just that delicate that snails can damage them? Or could it be a lack of nutrients?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
My submersed Buceph's flowers would look like an ice cream swirl (that spiraling look with a pointy top), then it would eventually peel away (pretty sure it was torn away by tank inhabitants, it's just how the flower blooms) and just that white, bumpy thing (I'm pretty sure that's the actual flower) in the center would remain.

I don't pay too much attention to the blooms. Look up some pics of "Bucephalandra flower" and they look similar to yours (okay, yours may be a little torn up :))

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.