The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have kept them in my Crystal Red Shrimp tank with ADA Amazonia, which keeps the pH at about 6. The problem I found was that BBA grows faster than the Buces and their leaves get covered and die. I have another tank with a similar setup for my blue velvet shrimp, except that I dose Excel and run CO2 which keeps the BBA at bay.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have kept them in my Crystal Red Shrimp tank with ADA Amazonia, which keeps the pH at about 6. The problem I found was that BBA grows faster than the Buces and their leaves get covered and die. I have another tank with a similar setup for my blue velvet shrimp, except that I dose Excel and run CO2 which keeps the BBA at bay.
Did you experience any melt off?

·
Registered
588 Posts
SKA Shrimps keeps them in the shrimp tanks with straight RO water without CO2. I think the pH was in the 5-6 range. Absolutely no algae, but the tanks are also very low light.

I've found they can take a few weeks to adapt to tap water so I'd imagine the reverse is true as well. I wouldn't really call it melting, but they are definitely more susceptible to algae during the transition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.