The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! The 3rd installment of my Bucephelandra series is up on my blog AquaBiota! Here is an excerpt of what you’ll find there, for the rest click on the link below! Thank you for taking the time to check out this post ☺ Enjoy!
Inspire91

At first glance this particular variety may not seem very unique or special, but look closer and you will find characteristics of this variety that make it a special part of any Buceph. collection. The leaves aren’t very long and slender, this particular variety has short “stubby” leaves, and the tip is blunt and rounded.
There is very slight ribbing/ruffling around the edge of the leaves, it is not as drastically ribbed like particular other varieties. This variety grows loosely (definitely not as tight as “Kuala Kayan”#1) and it grows in a vertical direction.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Yes beautiful indeed inspire! Under higher lightening doesn't it cast a Silver sheen somewhat?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mrkookm - I've noticed that when I kept these plants under higher lighting, they have a tendency to change colors! Some varieties turn a dark blue/green, or lighter green, it varies. You actually get a "sheen" effect in lower lighting as well, I think that in higher lighting the reflective pigments create a brighter "sheen" is perhaps why it is more visible in higher lighting. The common variety that is in the states at the moment, "brown" we call it here from western Kalimantan is a perfect example of this, it has a beautiful blue sheen whether in low or high lighting!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mrkookm - I've noticed that when I kept these plants under higher lighting, they have a tendency to change colors! Some varieties turn a dark blue/green, or lighter green, it varies. You actually get a "sheen" effect in lower lighting as well, I think that in higher lighting the reflective pigments create a brighter "sheen" is perhaps why it is more visible in higher lighting. The common variety that is in the states at the moment, "brown" we call it here from western Kalimantan is a perfect example of this, it has a beautiful blue sheen whether in low or high lighting!
Keep the beautiful pics coming. Can you give us a peek on the other Buc sp. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am actually working on my next post for my blog aquabiota (you can find the banner link at the bottom of the original post) the Buceph. I will be covering in my next post will be Buceph. "brown" from west Kalimantan. Keep an eye out for it! Should be up within a week or two :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts