The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up a new CO2 system. The CO2 is input directly into the inlet of my canister filter. No matter how many time i sett the bubble counter after several hours it has slowed to almost nothing. I have tried 10 psi and 20 psi. the system in a Milwaukee ma957. It is regulator defective

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
What diffuser or reactor are you using? Some of those take a pretty high pressure to keep CO2 flowing through them. I'm anything but a fan of the Milwaukee regulator, but it does work pretty reliably, in my experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's tee in the intake line with a small hole 90 degree to the flow. This creates a venturi(vacuum) that actually will draw air in when not connected to the bubble counter. So there is really no restriction. Last night I change to a plastic check valve for an air line which has a much lighter spring, still the same. I follow the repair procedure from Milwaukee for the needle valve, which is to back off the needle and open the hole to the bubble counter to 1/16". This seems to work but this morning, the flow had slowed and PH was still at the same level. I can see the bubble from the CO2 and I would think the diffusion should be good have to go though the canister before enter the tank. I am getting no visible signs of bubbles exiting the outlet pipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.