The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the water in my bubble counter is evaporating....& now I need to refill it. Since I am fairly new to co2, this is the first time it has evaporated. What's your method of refilling.....to keep from messing things up or making a mess? Do you even use water....or some other solution? Thanks :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Refilling a bubble counter (depending on what type you have) is fairly simple. Even the harder to fill ones can usually be filled with a syringe and a flat needle.

I still prefer using water to fill my bubble counters as it is easier to clean up than glycerin or mineral oil.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Refilling a bubble counter (depending on what type you have) is fairly simple. Even the harder to fill ones can usually be filled with a syringe and a flat needle.

I still prefer using water to fill my bubble counters as it is easier to clean up than glycerin or mineral oil.
I have one that came with my regulator (GLA GRO-1). I'm concerned if I unscrew the top, there'll be a mess due to the back pressure being released. Idk if this will allow water to back up from the inline atomizer or not. Any suggestions?

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
I have one that came with my regulator (GLA GRO-1). I'm concerned if I unscrew the top, there'll be a mess due to the back pressure being released. Idk if this will allow water to back up from the inline atomizer or not. Any suggestions?
Put an extra check valve in there. Failing that, fold the tubing and put a stiff clothespin on it.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
Will the check valve hinder the co2 output any?
Well, it'll add probably about 1 psi of back pressure, but since the gas doesn't have anywhere else to go, it'll force its way through. So no, it won't hinder it in any way Besides, since you're using a diffuser (and even if you were using a reactor) the CO2 has to increase to a pressure that's past 1 psi to move forward anyway. And back pressure isn't additive. So if you had 3 check valves of 10, 20, and 30 psi (you wouldn't, but just as an example), you'd need to run the CO2 at higher than 30 psi to move past them all, not 60 psi.

So no, it won't hinder output in any way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.