The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought equipment from Rex including his home made bubble counter. Someone in the hobby I know told me to use glycerine rather than water because water evaporates with time as the co2 bubbles in it.

What do you folks think about this idea?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Glycerine works well for lower bubble counts, but became a frothy mess (think meringue) when I tried it at 3 BPS.
I needed it when I used the built in bubble counter on my Milwaukee all in 1, water would evaporate out, since I removed them for my DIYs, no problem using water.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use glycerine in my bubble counters. 2-3 bps and have no problem. They suggest you mix it with a little water. I purchased mine at Walmart and it already had mineral water mixed in it. Works great, a lot less evaperation than water, especial during the dry winter.

sl

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The water will not evaporate.

Also I prefer to use water because I sometimes forget to reset the clamp and then when the bubble counter hits the floor all the water gets blown into the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.