The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a new needle valve as the one on the regulator is terrible. I'm noticing some strange behaviour in terms of bubble count. It seems like the bubbles are running normally, then it runs very fast, and then very slowly, and then it returns back to normal. This cycle happens regularly.

I think it has something to do with the gas in tube of the diffuser escaping into the main chamber. Almost like it momentarily reduces pressure in the line.

Is this a normal occurrence? I think the same happened with the old valve, just much less extreme. Diffuser is a cheap glass/ceramic one. I'm aiming to run about 100 bubbles per minute.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Mine does that.

I think it has to do with the cracking pressure of the check valve. It will build up pressure in the lines (slower bubble count) and then once the check valve opens it releases pressure and the bubble count rapidly increases until the check valve shuts again slowing the bubble count.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.