The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a group of Dario Darios from Invertz Factory last month and they were in great shape upon arrival and while in my tank. Recently I noticed brown spots/markings on several of them. They swim and act normally and don't appear to be hurting. Is this something I should worry about? The brown does take away from their nice scarlet colors. Here's a pic, let me know what you think:

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick - Yeah, not sure about that hehe. I do have a female, no spots though. And one of the males has much darker red coloring, without spots too. I'm thinking he is the alpha/dominant male. I've seen them square off, but they're not aggressive towards one another at all. Problem is that I have a bunch of Sawbwa Resplendends, Microrasbora Erythromicron, and one lone CPD in this tank as well. They'll probably snatch any eggs - I'm moving my Darios out once my Mini-M is more grown, filled, and cycled.

StarrD - Thanks, let's hope for the best!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I spoke too soon; the female now has some light spots too. I asked over on a local forum and Ted Judy replied that it may be some form of skin fluke. I'll try to get my hands on some PraziPro that will hopefully get rid of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.