The Planted Tank Forum banner

Brown spot in ghost shrimp. Rust disease?

1618 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  i506dk
One of my ghost shrimp have 2 brown spots on the backside near the tail. I think it may be rust disease. What should I do? It's only on one shrimp three others look fine. I have had them for 4 days and just noticed it today.

Ingredient Close-up Powdered sugar Reef Marine biology
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
A betta, nerite snail, and five Amano shrimp
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having trouble finding pictures of the reddish spot that appeared on my Amano shrimp last week. The picture of your ghost above is the closest I've found on this site. Were you able to treat it successfully?

· Registered
24 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having trouble finding pictures of the reddish spot that appeared on my Amano shrimp last week. The picture of your ghost above is the closest I've found on this site. Were you able to treat it successfully?
I know this is probably too late, but I had issues with rust disease on some ghost shrimp I had. The ones that had it died eventually. Lowering temps and raising pH might have helped some, but I think it only vaguely prolonged their lives. I attached a picture because mine were pretty blatant examples. Hopefully others have better success!
Plant Purple Underwater Felidae Grass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.