The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they sought after, culled, or what? I have a no-entry hino that has a solid brown color, beautiful solid, bright whites and would be a really high grade CBS but its brown. Just curious. Right now, my CRS/CBS are together anyways and hes in there. I'm trying to get a pic but it seem he knows and turns head on no matter what angle I try for.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Dude I swear they can read minds or something sometimes, every time I get my eye on ones to take out they always hide never to be found or make it away everytime... until I surprise them a few hours later lol.
But I believe they get culled.. I've at least never seen any for sale anyways but I know they can happen with mixed CRS/CBS populations..

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't cull em, there's nothing wrong with them.. they're just brown.

Bound to show up in CRS/CBS mixes, and they're just as nice as either.
I didn't plan on culling them, I have my crystals because I like them and whatever comes of them breeding, comes of it. One day in the future if I want to really get into it, maybe, but for now, I'll probably just sell off the lower grades to the LFS and locally and keep the nicer looking ones and see what comes of it. Plus, I don't have enough tanks to do selective breeding right now and I can't get anymore tanks until I can get a 120long tank for my female turtle, she comes first on the list for any upgrades.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.