The Planted Tank Forum banner

Brown Blyxa Japonica Bought Online

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  sewingalot 
#1 ·
about 2 weeks ago I "bought" a blyxa japonica online, and I today it finally arrived. It's a tiny little piece of blyxa (2x2 in), and 40% of the leaves are brown and 10% are turning brown. What do I do to make it survive and flourish? Are there any chances of survival? There is also something very strange looking, there's a "packet of leaves" that has what looks like tiny blyxa seeds folded in.

#7 ·
They are probably flowers, or flower buds. It flowers easily, even when the leaves look dead. Blyxa japonica has a very small rhizome with very shallow, small roots. The leaves can bruise easily. If it took a couple weeks to arrive to you, I'm guessing it was sent to you from Asia somewhere?

#9 ·
Jrs, my blyxa had a few dead and half-dead flowers when it arrived. No it didn't come from asia, it came from Brazil. Here's a pic to help me explain, it sort of looks like peas in a pod. there are about 10 "seeds".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.