The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board, but not so new to planted tanks -- I used to have a few planted tanks (complete with apistos, rams, and lots of tetras), but got out of the hobby after I moved to New York. Now I'm getting ready to set up my first tank in seven years. (So excited!) It's going to be rather modest -- a low-tech 20 gallon long, with apistos if I can find any -- and I need stuff. Driftwood, rocks, and plants for now, and eventually fish, too.

That said, would anyone recommend attending Brooklyn Aquarium Society meetings? I've checked out all the LFS's in NYC (Win and Pacific are the best, no?), but I'd rather buy stuff through club members, if possible. Any other clubs I should know about?

That's all for now. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i went! the meeting was a new experience for me, having never been to an aquarium society before. there were a lot of dry goods & books for sale, and of course the auction -- saltwater and freshwater fish and inverts, plus a few plants. big crowd.

i stocked up on dry goods, as i'm still just setting up my tank -- still waiting for the lights to arrive from pets-warehouse.com, and the driftwood to arrive from badcopnofishtank. (i'll post pictures soon). for now, here are some snapshots of the event:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.