The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried to repair a old 55 gallon light fixture. replaced the bulb and starter...it didn't work. so I bought a aqueon 24" strip light. well right of the box, the end of the provided bulb was loose. I got a new bulb, but for some reason it still didn't work. tried different outlets, a new bulb ( went back and got another.) again....nothing.

Posted from Plantedtank.net App for Android

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how would you go about doing that?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I am offering this only because I have chased a problem before when this was the real problem: is the electric outlet you are using working right? Sometimes the contacts in those outlets get corroded, worn or bent, and things plugged in don't work. And, of course there are circuit breakers or fuses that can be blown.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I tried a different outlet. neither the old or new worked...
I am just going to return the fixture for a new one I guess.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
It is real easy to chase one's self around in circles. While you have tried a different outlet, are you sure that it was a working outlet? Step one for me would be to find a good outlet for sure. Take a lamp,etc. that is working to plug in where you want to use the tank light. That will tell you if the outlet is good. It is possible to find a number of outlets are all dead in the house. In my house there are several outlets in different rooms all working through a single GFCI outlet in a bathroom we rarely use. It can boggle you when it trips in the room where you don't see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts