The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Welp, this is a good start to the morning. I've always thought in my head, "how do people break their diffusers so easily?" This morning I found out.

Sadness... RIP my first ADA product ever.
i would say a good glass blower could easily fix that. buddy of mine started blowing glass about a year ago an in 3 weeks he made me a few diffusers not the best remind you since he was new but i broke one that already was weak on the stem and his boss fixed it in 2hrs after i dropped it off, and it works the best out of the 3(other two dont have small enough bubbles/mist)

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Have never been able to find out anything about toxicity but there is superglue for glass available. I used some for a repair the other day and so far so good. It's supposed to be dishwasher safe (after a 6 day cure)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Have never been able to find out anything about toxicity but there is superglue for glass available. I used some for a repair the other day and so far so good. It's supposed to be dishwasher safe (after a 6 day cure)
appearance aside if he finds a good glue that is water safe i would stick a metal rod in the tube to hold in place and then glue it, apparently that's how my buddys boss fixed the one i have but he melted new glass on the crack to make the body as one again

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had no idea that existed. I'll have to find some at a hardware store. I'd buy online, but it's such a small item that you have to buy 3 or more usually.

appearance aside if he finds a good glue that is water safe i would stick a metal rod in the tube to hold in place and then glue it, apparently that's how my buddys boss fixed the one i have but he melted new glass on the crack to make the body as one again
That's a good idea. Maybe I can use a pipe cleaner or something.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Broke my first lily pipe efflux tube like a dumbass. There is nothing more depressing than having something so beautiful, yet fragile break in your hands. I learned the importance of proper suction cup technique that day... Hope that you can fix yours! I still haven't been able to figure out how I would figure out how to fix mine Ill keep tabs on this thread to see if there is anything helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.