The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my fishneedit lamp decided to kick the bucket,only one side works after i just bought bulbs for my new project(40 breeder).i swapped bulbs thinking it was just bulbs due for a change,haven't changed bulbs in over a year,but no the ballast is shot.it smelled like burnt electical.:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

so does anyone here think fishneedit will repair it for free or for a small fee.or should i just trash it and look for another lamp???even taking the bulbs out were almost impossible.

sorry for the rant everyone:icon_conf

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
A new fixture from fishneedit only costs $65. You'll spend close to $25 just to ship it back to them for repair. Then you have to consider their fee and return shipping. I'll bet you'll spend close to the amount for a new fixture.

·
Are these real?
15,700 Posts
Not familiar with the exact fixture (T5 I assume?) but if the ballast is accessible and you can figure out how to dis/connect it... You could contact them and (without expectations) tell them your story and nicely ask if they can help you in any way. Be it a new ballast or a discount on a new fixture etc, never hurts to ask.

Another option could be to purchase a ballast from a home store ($18) and replace the burnt one, IF you are familiar with electric stuff.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess it would be wise just to buy a new lamp.
im not savvy on electrical soooo, im gonna pass,but it sounds like a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts