The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any common issues that are known to cause brittle stems and thin leaves? Ive got a few plants in a 'high tech' tank that the stems are super easy to break and the leaves on a Tiger Lotus are very thin. I also have slow growth in this tank with what should be fast growers.

Plants are Stauro porto velho, Sunset hygro, Limno aromatica, red Tiger lotus, blyxxa ( grows awesome-no problems with it ) Crypt lucens ( also grows pretty well--only a little BBA from time to time with the slow growth )

EI dosing with GH Booster and Epsom salt added, 2x24W T5HO for 8 hrs, pressurized CO2 with yellow drop checker ( approx 3 bps ) Aquasoil II

Ph 6.5ish, gH and kH very low--1-2 degrees. temp is 77*F

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant say for sure on the calcium--but I know its not an iron issue. I have well water plus I dose double Fe with my CSM+B

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
What size tank is it? Two T5HO bulbs will give too much light if you have them less than about 25-30 inches above the substrate. With too much light it will be difficult to get good healthy growth of all of the plants, because they will be competing for the CO2 and only the fastest growers will get enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.