The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 27 gallon semi-planted tank that houses 3 guppies, 5 kuhli loaches, and 4 nerite snails. It's filtered by a fluval 206 and the temp stays at 78. I was wondering if I could add 2 bn plecos? If not then maybe just 1?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would recommend only one. Depending on your water parameters and what kind of media you have in your fluval 206 it really comes down to how you feel your filter can keep up with your stock. They are great little suckers but the produce lots of waste. I would not get two though. I have a 55 Gal with one and he/she keeps it well from algae. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
ill tell you know i have been trying that myself and its really kinda hard to find just one adult unless you want to spend a fair bit of money. i have been looking for an adult long fin brown male for a couple of months most people only want to sell babies or pairs. it can be done though. they are great fish but mine tend to be kinda shy but so pretty and i myself like the long fin type they look like they are just floating around but the short fin are nice too. and they come in so many colors. i know of brown/chocolate, albino, albino with blue eyes, calico, green dragon, and red dragon bn so look around and see what you like cause they all come in both short and long fin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.