The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, this used to be on a thread called Ahuehuete, used a similar driftwood but changed moss to flame.
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Wow that looks awesome.

I would like the substrate area better if it had some kind of a slope. It is almost perfectly horizontal.

Where in Mexico are you?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow that looks awesome.

I would like the substrate area better if it had some kind of a slope. It is almost perfectly horizontal.
The Idea on this scape was to keep it simple (its actually the my first tank without algae invasions at all, maybe because of this) in most aspects. I do like the look of it and I guess it will be better once the hc and the glosso cover their respective parts. glosso behind the rocks, hc in the front. Glosso area in the back is between one and two inches above the front.
Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Very interesting!:proud: I want to know more about this tank. What is the rock, light, fertz, tank size? Where did you find the rocks? Just think the wood shouldn't be centered. The golden rule show things should be off center by 1/3 to draw the eyes.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Let's go to the source:

White dolomite slag skree is the only ground cover. Nothing else grows at this elevation and condition. I go there about once every 2 years or so, it's in CA, about 11,000ft, long drive, but awesome views.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very interesting!:proud: I want to know more about this tank. What is the rock, light, fertz, tank size? Where did you find the rocks? Just think the wood shouldn't be centered. The golden rule show things should be off center by 1/3 to draw the eyes.
Tank is a 55g, The picture is incomplete because is in a hallway and sold my wide angle lens, it is placed slightly off center in a nice balanced position.
rocks are sold here as petrified wood of some kind, very brittle.
ferts from RM.
only lens i have now that will get the tank in the frame is a fisheye, i´ll give it a try.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's go to the source:

White dolomite slag skree is the only ground cover. Nothing else grows at this elevation and condition. I go there about once every 2 years or so, it's in CA, about 11,000ft, long drive, but awesome views.

Regards,
Tom Barr
great pics Tom,
Planing to go there in the spring!
I guess mine was stroke by lighting, and think of the hc as liquen LOL.

·
Registered
122 Posts
how long did it take you to get this growth? I always have trouble dealing with flame moss, and the waiting you hav to put up with.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how long did it take you to get this growth? I always have trouble dealing with flame moss, and the waiting you hav to put up with.
I started with something like 4-5 golfballs of flame, tied it in bunches. its like four months old.
Lots of CO2, light and ferts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts