The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm looking for any leftover ADA BrightSand or bright pool filter sand you might have...none of my lfs carry ADA stuff...I don't need a whole bag just whatever you might not need anymore...it is only for my 9 gallon nano tank and i want to create a "river" look...I'm still a student so i won't have much to offer...please PM if you have any available and maybe we can work something out...thanks everyone!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get PFS @ Home Depot, $5 for 50lb. bag. When they were out I looked in the phone book for pool supplies and paid $10 for the exact same sand :(....Either way, those options have to be cheaper than postage. ADA Bright $and is another $ubject, a co$tly one.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,
I see you are in SOCAL, you might want to join SCAPE. We are a club that is local for you and the members are super helpful. Here is our link:http://socalaquascapers.com

For a LFS that carries ADA, check out Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica. Toru, the owner is very helpful and is a SCAPE sponser. Gives discounts to members on non-ada products.
Hopefully this helps...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Yogi!

I've actually been looking into joining SCAPE...I've been looking around the website but haven't gotten to signing up...I will soon and I'd like to join the InvertzFactory group buy this december also...hope to talk to you soon!

Hi,
I see you are in SOCAL, you might want to join SCAPE. We are a club that is local for you and the members are super helpful. Here is our link:http://socalaquascapers.com

For a LFS that carries ADA, check out Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica. Toru, the owner is very helpful and is a SCAPE sponser. Gives discounts to members on non-ada products.
Hopefully this helps...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey TinyTim,
Glad you have been checking out our website!! We always welcome the "lurkers" in the aquaria world. Remember you can join us at any time, esp. since it is free. And yes, we do have a groupbuy coming up and a meeting in LA, too. Which should be very big!!
See You Soon!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.