The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have designed a collection method for hatched frys of egg layers and currently using it on the zebra danios. I want to know your experience in fish hatching or giving birth to improve the design. Using this method, I have collected over 15 fish babies without intervention of me in 2 days.

1)Do most kinds of fish frys hatching from eggs swim to light, especially in the case of zebra danios?

2)Will live bearing fish frys swim to light?

3)Do you think I should put dense plants in the hatching tank or should I put dense plants in the breeding tank, especially in the case of zebra danios? Please explain your reasoning.

4)The zebra danio is working pretty OK so far, even though the yield is much lower, but the good part is that I don't have to work, they swim over to the refugium themselves in this set up. Now I want to try tetras. Any experience would be appreciated.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
It depend on the species of fish. Each species requirements are different. A livebearer fry will usually swim toward the substrate.

It also depends on what your goal is in breeding the fishes like for mass produced commodities or just for fun. Your setup depends on that.

Not all fish will breed in an aquarium setting. Danios and livebearers are super easy breeders.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It depend on the species of fish. Each species requirements are different. A livebearer fry will usually swim toward the substrate.

It also depends on what your goal is in breeding the fishes like for mass produced commodities or just for fun. Your setup depends on that.

Not all fish will breed in an aquarium setting. Danios and livebearers are super easy breeders.

The setup is to generate enough fish constantly for my other show tanks that I test LED lightings with and to trade these fish with other fish for testing of the lights too.

This tank will be maintain as a hybrid aquarium and the terrarium display as well. will post pics when all is set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.