The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought 10 ghost shrimp as feeders for 10 for a dollar. They appeared to be very healthy and none of them had any milky coloration. The biggest was a little more than an inch. Do you think they will survive? 7 of them are females carrying green eggs. I want to raise the fry and breed the ghost shrimp. I need to know how to raise them. I have a molly and a tiger barb being kept with the shrimp. I need some advice on raising the fry when the eggs hatch. What can I feed the fry when they hatch? Also, can I keep the eggs in the tank with the shrimp or do I have to keep them in a seperate tank? Has anyone here ever raised ghost shrimp? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you find them for 10 for a dollar???
I can't seem to find them any cheaper than $.33
They are cheap as free in FL, but not so in TX - to my knowledge.

Thanks!!! :icon_smil
They sell them here as feeder shrimp for 10 cents each

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, I think it's because I'm so far inland - which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because they are freshwater, but I'll just have to keep getting them at PetSmart for $.33, and provide better hiding places. I just have to spend $16.50 instead of $5.00 to get what I want, it could be worse. At least "regular" fish aren't also 3x what they cost - or I would not have finally set my tank back up. I think since my loaches are accustomed to eating snails, they also like the ghost shrimp too. I'm going to have to just buy a bunch of them and give them good shelter - maybe some of that moss too.

Still waiting for my bulbs to grow into plants.
Thanks all!
It isn't rare for fish to eat shrimp. Chances are that the shrimp will make a tasty snack for the fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts