The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a few shrimplets a couple weeks after getting my first set of blue dream shrimp. I’m new to shrimp as of December and have no idea how they showed up. My best guess was they were eggs on a female I didn’t notice but I think I wouldve noticed that (currently all but one of my females are berried and one just dropped about 15 that I could count). As a couple more weeks went I noticed they have black patches. I thought this was cool and knowing there are black shrimp, I am wondering if this is something I can try to breed for with these? I currently have them in a separate tank just in case right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Good to know. They’re still juveniles so having trouble sexing them. Hoping they’re not all male or all female. Otherwise I can drop one of my blue females in there with them if need be. It’s exciting seeing all the variety pop up. I have one that showed up with these shrimplets that’s completely clear except a red spot on his head. And the first official batch of babies that started showing themselves yesterday range from red to brown to gray that I’ve seen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.