The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bumblebee do well in the same conditions as tiger, CRS or similar shrimp. They (at least for me) tend to be very sensitive to any changes in their environment. Very much like the higher grade CRS. Which bumblebee do you have? The dark headed variety or the white headed variety? Good luck with them. It would be great to see them available in the hobby. :)

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my shrimp and it was a mix of garbage quality bumblebee shrimp and average tiger shrimp. I guess that breeding attempt is over. Any ideas?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have some bumble bee too and look like cross with tiger shrimp!!! When purchase kind small, now 2 of the female berried. Don't be sad, may be you cross breed it with other shrimp to get new unknown bee shrimp!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Yeah not many people breed bumble bees. Just remember...cherries cost $1 and often times less yet people still breed them like crazy!

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
But F22 has a retail store and it's more cost effective to buy and sell just about anything that wholesales for $1.50 vs raising it yourself.

SteveU

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
But F22 has a retail store and it's more cost effective to buy and sell just about anything that wholesales for $1.50 vs raising it yourself.

SteveU
Oops I didn't notice that he was planning on selling them for real profits.
You might still be able to make a profit off of them if they're easy to breed...like place some in several plant tanks and just let them do their thing. But I guess you would be better off finding something more attractive to work with. CRS and RCS sell pretty well at the LFS and they raise the shrimp themselves. Around here RCS sell for $3 and low grade CRS go for like ~$6. I guess find something prolific that people are willing to pay more for :)

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
new plan... I ordered 25 zebra shrimp for 20 bucks (same wholesaler. So I insisted that they all be zebra shrimp) maybe they will look good in the 12... hopefully even breed... ooooooh baby... fingers crossed...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.