The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always have a good spawn with my betta. The I have is problem with hatching the bbs( baby brine shrimp) I add the right amount of salt and water but some how I could never get all the shell separate from the bbs. What other way could I use to get all the bbs separate from the bbs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My son usually starts with micro worms for the first little while then starts adding bbs, giving all the different sized fry something that will fit in their mouth.
There's lots of good info online for culturing bbs. The premise for separating the eggs from the bbs is that when the air is turned off, the eggs float, and the bbs are attracted to light. Placing a light at the bottom and siphoning the bbs from the bottom is how most do it. You can also set up a container with a valve at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
how would cultivating daphnia do for the babies? too large?

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are a few other options my son mentioned to me today. He found the information both on the internet and in talking to people who have been sucessful. He recomended this: Betta Fry Food

I've heard some people have tried contiuous brine shrimp feeders avalible from fosters and smith and had success. Continuous Hatch 'N Feeder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts