The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Kordon breather bag discontinued? Which breather bag do you use and where do you find them? The only ones I have found are some other generic brand that takes a month to ship from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Is the Kordon breather bag discontinued? Which breather bag do you use and where do you find them? The only ones I have found are some other generic brand that takes a month to ship from China.

I was about to say "no" and show you where I get mine but they are out right now. I certainly hope they haven't been discontinued because there is no substitute for Kordon breather bags. They are thinner, but never break. They are amazing.

The popular substitute to Kordon that are promoted as equivalent are "Longlife" brand- but, they are junk. Dont use them. Ive sent shrimp and fish in them and have had horrible luck.

Im going to have to do some looking online to see if Kordon really has has discontinued their breather bags. They were more expensive then the Longlife generic bags-- but, they were made of a higher grade material that didnt burst.

In the interim, I would try these. This company knows what they are doing in shipping fish.
https://www.aqpkg.com/collections/poly-bags/products/aquatic-packaging-life-support-bags

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! I looked on Kordons website and that’s who it lists as their only supplier and yeah they were out of stock. Let me know what your able to find. I thought I was just missing something not being able to find them over the last few days. I will look more in to the bags you’ve listed. I just want to make sure what ever I get does the job. Seems weird there is not more brands as long as they’ve been around but maybe that’s just the market.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts